9 Highly effective Reminders from the Crimson Sea Miracle
When obstacles lay earlier than you and the enemy is sizzling in your path, God reminds us of this Fact: He’s with us, and He fights for us nonetheless in the present day…
We see it time and again in His Phrase. Tales that show how God by no means leaves us fending for ourselves when issues come up or appear too large. Miracles that remind us once we depart the battles in His palms, He can do what can be unimaginable for us to ever accomplish on our personal.
Miracle after miracle God had carried out on behalf of His folks, lastly main them straight out of slavery, away from the merciless hand of the Egyptians. He set them free. Free from oppression. Free from captivity. Free from bondage. And the journey was simply getting began.
When Pharaoh let the folks go, God didn’t lead them on the highway that made most sense. The Bible tells us in Exodus 13, that although the trail was shorter proper by means of the Philistine nation, God mentioned, “If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” v. 17
So He led them across the desert highway over in direction of the Crimson Sea. Scorching, dry, barren wasteland. I can nearly see the ocean looming off within the distance. And listen to the grumblings beginning. Really feel the worry rising. Because the Israelites received nearer that sea should have regarded larger and deeper. An impediment that appeared too troublesome to beat. Their eyes targeted on the issue. They forgot concerning the bigness of their God.
Questions loomed. How have been they going to get throughout that factor? Certainly somebody had made a fallacious flip. However simply how do you go about doing a U-turn with 2 million folks in tow?
9 Highly effective Reminders from the Crimson Sea Miracle:
1. God is aware of what He’s doing. “So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea…” Ex. 13:18 Even when the way in which He’s main doesn’t appear to make a lot sense and His timing appears off, or the wait and journey get lengthy, and wandering in desert locations is the very last thing we wish to do, we will belief Him. All the time. He is aware of our approach. He sees the large image. He has good in retailer. And although it might not have been what we’d have chosen, or how we’d completed issues, we will thank Him for His Sovereignty, His care over us, and His management.
2. God leads our approach. “By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to given them light…” Ex. 13:21 God is not going to depart us to fend for ourselves, struggling to search out our approach. He’ll lead us. He guarantees to. We could not see him in a pillar of cloud or hearth lately, however now we have His Phrase, and the Holy Spirit to offer steerage to our days. He’s with us, He provides knowledge, He supplies route, so we by no means need to worry being left on our personal to determine issues out. He goes forward of us, He walks with us, and He guards our approach from behind. His Phrase provides fact and life and reveals us the way in which to stroll on this world.
three. God is ready to flip the hearts of kings. He holds all issues in His palms. He can flip across the evil workings on this world to in the end deliver glory to His identify, so that every one will know that He’s the One True God. “And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” Ex. 14:four
four. Once we see obstacles, God sees alternatives. He’ll make a approach the place there appears to be no approach out. The larger the issue, the better his means to shine proper by means of all of it. “The Egyptians – all Pharaoh’s horses and chariots, horsemen and troops – pursued the Israelites and overtook them as they camped by the sea…” Ex. 14:9 Issues have been trying bleak and darkish, but God had a plan. And it was superb.
5. We will deal with the issue or we will select to belief God. The Israelites have been terrified after they noticed the enemy coming their approach. They doubted their chief, they questioned God, they complained, they grumbled, they panicked. But God didn’t get mad at their humanity or fears. He solely requested for his or her obedience. And their belief. “The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.” Ex. 14:14
6. Prayer is significant, but typically God says, “It’s time to get moving!” God could ask for stillness and belief and different occasions he may say, “Get going and keep trusting.” God mentioned to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.” Ex. 14:15 It’s so necessary to pay attention for his voice, to know when to be nonetheless, and in addition to know when to rise up and transfer ahead. His voice will lead us, He by no means leads in confusion, however all the time with assurance and readability. There’s occasions in life when we pray a few determination and although God reveals us what to do, we get caught alongside the way in which. So we simply say we’re nonetheless “praying about it.” Time and again. As a substitute of shifting ahead. And doing what He’s already mentioned to do. If we ask Him for knowledge to know the suitable steps to take, he’ll all the time present route. He’ll open doorways on our behalf and shut people who should be shut too.
7. God will work powerfully on our behalf, however He usually asks for our obedience first. God requested Moses to do one factor. “Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.” Ex. 14:16. Moses was requested to obey God’s voice. And with employees raised and hand outstretched, God’s Mighty Energy unleashed. That sea not solely divided, however the folks walked proper by means of it on “dry ground.” Not even a touch of sinking sand. As God’s kids, we aren’t destined to stroll in mud and mire. He dries up the trail earlier than us so we’re heading out on agency floor. He’s our certain basis. Our obedience to His voice will all the time result in blessing.
eight. God will stand between us and the enemy. We by no means combat alone. He’ll ship his angels to combat for us and guard us. He Himself will combat for us and guard us. That’s how a lot He loves us and wishes to set His safety over us. “Then the angel of God…withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them…”Ex. 14:19 He’ll hem us in from all sides and maintain us below His care. It doens’t imply we can’t ever face the battle, however we will know that He’s absolutely with us within the midst of it.
9. Our God is a God of miracles. This identical God who divided the Crimson Sea so the Israelites crossed on dry floor, and coated up the enemy within the depths of that very same sea, bringing salvation to His folks – this is similar God who works on our behalf in the present day. He is similar yesterday, in the present day, and endlessly. “And when the Israelites saw the great power the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.” Ex. 14:31
We could also be dealing with our personal Crimson Sea second this week. Perhaps the enemy appears sizzling on our path, lurking shut, whispering lies and defeat, making an attempt his finest to journey us up. Perhaps the obstacles that loom earlier than us appear approach too onerous to beat. We wish to flip again. We wish to surrender. We discover ourselves questioning God and doubting His care and love over us.
Nevertheless it nonetheless doesn’t change this one Fact. He’s with us. And He fights for us in the present day. As believers who’ve made the selection to place our religion and belief in Christ, we will stand on the reassurance that He won’t ever depart us or forsake us. He’ll lead us. He’ll deliver honor to Himself by means of even the toughest circumstances we face on this life. He’s strengthening us and guiding us regularly.
His plans for our lives won’t ever be thwarted by the enemy’s assaults. Although it might appear to be he’s profitable at occasions, he doesn’t have full management. God’s nonetheless better.
And typically once we’ve completed all we all know to do, he whispers these phrases down deep into our soul, “…you need only to be still.”
For the Lord fights for you.
Debbie McDaniel is a author, pastor’s spouse, mother to 3 superb youngsters (and loads of pets). Be a part of her every morning on Contemporary Day Forward’s fb web page, https://www.facebook.com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for each day encouragement in residing robust, free, hope-filled lives. Discover her additionally at http://twitter.com/debbmcdaniel and http://www.debbiemcdaniel.com.